More than 400 abstracts have been submitted before the deadline (January 15, 2019). Given numerous requests for extra time for abstract submission, the submission system will open until January 31, 2019. However, abstracts submitted before January 15 will be given priority in reviewing and program scheduling.
2019 International Conference on Resource Sustainability - Cities (icRS Cities 2019)
July 1-3, 2019, Adelaide, Australia
Rapid urbanization has to a large extent improved the quality of life of human beings. These include the diverse products and services, improved infrastructure, better working and living environment, etc. Meanwhile, a number of challenges exist such as depleting natural resources, energy, soil pollution, water pollution, and air quality. In essence, the overconsumption of resources played a critical role in the emergence of these challenges.
To deal with these pressing issues, it is imperative to employ a holistic approach which brings all related disciplines together. Indeed, all professions (e.g. architects, urban planners, engineers, policy makers, construction managers, developers) play important roles in achieving the sustainable urbanization. By dealing with these challenges properly, the sustainability of urban systems will also be improved.
Specifically, icRS Cities 2019 will include invited keynote speeches, parallel sessions, and poster presentations on the following topics, awards, and sessions. High-quality presentations from the conference will be recommended to journals that support the conference, including Resources, Conservation & Recycling (2017 Impact Factor: 5.12).
Authors will also have the option to submit full papers to the conference proceedings which will be published by SSRN. Logos of SSRN and Elsevier will be shown on the proceedings cover.
- Circular economy
- Emissions, effects and management of air pollutants and greenhouse gases
- Energy systems
- Food and food waste
- Green buildings
- Green infrastructure
- Housing market and policy
- Land use efficiency
- Resource efficiency
- Resource recovery
- Smart cities
- Solid waste management
- Sustainable behavior
- Sustainable materials
- Sustainable mobility
- Sustainable supply chain
- Sustainable urbanization
- Urban mining
- Urban renewal
- Urban resilience
- Waste reduction, reuse, and recycling
- Water systems
- Best Student Oral Presentations
- Best Student Posters
- Most Welcomed Posters
- Editor Forum
- January 15, 2019: Deadline for submitting abstracts
- February 15, 2019: Notification of acceptance
- March 15, 2019: Early-bird registration ends (at least one author should register before Early Bird ends; otherwise an accepted abstract will be removed from the conference program and not be considered for journal special issues)
- July 1-3, 2019: Conference
- October 1, 2019: Deadline for submitting papers to journal special issues (by invitation only)