Presentation instructions are under "Call for Submissions"
The final program has been sent to all registered participants with zoom meeting information
2022 International Conference on Resource Sustainability (icRS 2022)
August 1-4, 2022, Virtual
The sustainable development of human society depends on resources. Addressing critical societal challenges, such as climate change, resource depletion, and environmental protection, requires sustainable management of resources using interdisciplinary approaches.
The International Conference on Resource Sustainability (icRS) series serve as an international platform for researchers and practitioners around the world with diverse background and expertise to share the most recent ideas, outcomes, and practices on resource sustainability.
icRS embraces interdisciplinarity, welcoming contributions from ANY discipline including natural sciences, social sciences, and engineering on ANY aspect of resource sustainability. We define resource broadly, including physical resources, biological resources, and "misplaced" resources:
- physical resources: metals, non-metallic minerals, energy, water, etc.
- biological resources: food, forestry, land, ecological systems, etc.
- "misplaced" resources: air emissions, water pollutants, solid waste, etc.
Although COVID restrictions have been eased in many countries, there are still critical challenges for many to travel due to health and cost concerns. At the same time, environmental impacts caused by large in-person events have been extensively debated for concerns such as substantial carbon footprint. Therefore icRS 2022 will be held completely online to accommodate attendees who cannot travel and help reduce our footprint on the environment.
icRS 2022 is sponsored by the flagship journal in sustainable resources management Resources, Conservation & Recycling (RCR; 2022 Impact Factor: 10.204) and its sister journal Resources, Conservation & Recycling Advances (RCRADV). High quality papers presented at icRS 2022 will be recommended to special issues in these journals as well as other supporting journals.
- April 15, 2022: Submission and registration portal opens
June 1June 10, 2022 (extended): Deadline for special session proposal submission June 7June 17, 2022 (extended): Acceptance notification (special session proposals) June 15June 25, 2022 (extended): Deadline for abstract submission
- July 1, 2022: Acceptance notification (abstracts)
- July 20, 2022: Early-bird registration ends (at least one author should register before Early Bird ends; otherwise an accepted abstract will be removed from the conference program and not be considered for journal special issues)
- July 25, 2022: Deadline for full paper submission (optional)
- July 25, 2022: Deadline for oral presentation video upload (optional)
- August 1-4, 2022: Conference
- August 12, 2022: Invitation for journal special issues